Sunday, March 29, 2009

Developed Section (FINAL) Model With Stair and Sketchbook Images



Sketchbook Drawing








Google Sketchup Model



Structure Materials (the big external cover) - Concrete & Steel
Roof Materials (the big external cover) - Iron board



Stair Materials - Wood & Steel Cable
Studio Materials - Bricks, Glass & Steel Cable


Sketchbook Stair section








The column shows like Fiona's work "Understorey" was kept in a big glass tank and the tank is placed on a table which is hanged by 2 cables from the roof.



I used the word "soft" to display the main external supporting architecture. I think it is the best one to materialise comfort. While flowers are blooming, the ocean of flower would be the most comfortable place.








Structure Materials (the big external columns) - Stalactite
Stair Materials - Bricks & Concrete
Studio Materials - Steel & Concrete

Sketchbook Stair section





The job "Full Fathom Five" done by Rosalie is hanged on the wall and displayed as a wooden prodution.
The texture I chosed for the underground part is "plaid" which echoes the shape of entire cube studio.






3 images used for textures

PLAID



DRY



SOFT













LINK OF GOOGLE WAREHOUSE
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=6a8faccffb42dba642438ea31adeb956

2 comments:

  1. Hi Liyi Zhang,
    I am very impressed by the models that you have created, I find it interesting how you have translated your detailed but abstract sketches into a three-dimensional model in SketchUp. Your development from your intial model is also very interesting as you have seemed to take on a completely new approach. Your drawings are detailed and interesting. Although, I have trouble reading the scan relating to your work with the words on it?
    Good Work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frances,

    I am so glad to hear that you appreciate my work.

    Thank You!

    This is my first time using sketchup and I think that I leant a lot on structure organisation and showing visual performance.

    For your trouble, you can click the picture to enlarge it to make it clear~~XD

    Thank You For Visiting!

    ReplyDelete